You can also update Vantage and the Web Module manually, by downloading the auto-update zip files, and extracting the contents over the Installation folder (for WebSpy Vantage) and the website folder (for the Web Module).
Avoid Version Mismatch between Vantage and the Web Module
Please ensure that your Web Module and Vantage are running the same version. If they are not then there is a chance of errors and/or communication conflicts between Vantage and Web Module. If you update one, please update the other.
Updating WebSpy VantageWhether you are using Vantage Giga, Vantage Premium, or Vantage Ultimate the process is the same.
- Open Vantage and go to Tools | Check for Updates
- Vantage will then attempt to check for updates from our server.
- Follow the prompts to download and install the update.
Changing WebSpy Vantage's Update Settings
You can set Vantage to auto check for updates when it starts up via Tools | Options | General
Updating the WebSpy Vantage Web Module
Similar to WebSpy Vantage, the Web Module also has a Check for Updates feature
- Right click the WebSpy icon in your Windows system tray (next to the clock) and select Check for Updates...
- Follow the prompts to install the latest Web Module auto update.
Changing the Web Module's Update Settings
The Vantage Web Module is set to automatically check for updates by default. If you would like to disable this option:
- Right click the WebSpy icon in your Windows system tray (next to the clock) and select Options...
- Uncheck the Auto check for updates option and click OK.
Updating Vantage and the Web Module ManuallyThe latest update files for WebSpy Vantage and the WebSpy Vantage Web Module can be found here:
WebSpy Vantage (zip)
WebSpy Vantage Web Module (zip)
Updating WebSpy Vantage
- Ensure Vantage is closed
- Extract the WebSpy Vantage zip file into Vantage's Installation folder (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\WebSpy\Vantage Ultimate 2.2). Overwrite the existing files.
Updating the Vantage Web Module
- Find your Web Module's website location. This is usually located under C:\inetpub\wwwroot\. To find out, open IIS and select your Web Module website on the left, then go to Basic Settings... on the right. The location is shown in the Physical Path field.
- Stop IIS
- Stop the Web Module auto-updater (right click the WebSpy icon in the System tray and click Exit
- Extract the Web Module zip file into the Web Module's web site location (physical path noted in step 1 above). Overwrite the existing files.
- Start IIS
- Start the Web Module auto-updater by going into the /Bin folder of the Web Module's web site location, then right-click the file WebSpy.Vantage.WebModule.Updater.exe and select Run as administrator
I can't find the WebSpy Web Module icon
The WebSpy Vantage Web Module auto-updater should start each time you start the server. However, you can manually start the updater without rebooting:
- Find your Web Module installed location; usually located under C:\inetpub\wwwroot\webspy
- Go to the Bin folder.
- Right-click the file WebSpy.Vantage.WebModule.Updater.exe and select Run as administrator
- The Web Module auto updater should restart and you should now see the WebSpy icon in the Windows System Tray.
The updater cannot connect to the update server
To update WebSpy Vantage and the Web Module using the auto-update feature, the machine needs to be able to access http://update.webspy.com. Ensure your machine has an Internet connection, the proxy setting are correct, and that update.webspy.com is not blocked by your firewall.
WebSpy Vantage and the Web Module auto-updater each have their own their own proxy settings.
To change WebSpy Vantage's proxy settings, go to Tools | Options | Proxy.
To change the Web Module auto-updater's Proxy settings, right click the WebSpy icon in your Windows system tray (next to the clock), select Options... and go to the Proxy tab
Ensure the proxy details are correct for the server, then retry the update.