Of course, you could go to the Aliases screen and click ‘Save Aliases’, then go to the new machine and click ‘Open Aliases’, and repeat for all the setting you want to move across (Templates, Organization etc). But there is an easier way.
1. Import / Export SettingsGo to Tools | Import / Export Settings to export all settings to a zip file. You can then import this zip file on the new installation (or under the new user account) via Tools | Import / Export Settings.
Alternatively, you can also manually copy/paste the settings files from C:Users\<your user profile>
2. Copy Storages and Reports (If necessary)Exporting and Importing settings above does not move any Storages or Reports created by WebSpy Vantage on the old machine. To move your Storages and Reports across to the new server:
- On the old machine or user account, go to Tools | Options | Paths to find the Storage and Report locations on the old machine.
- If the new machine or user account cannot access this location, then move the storages and reports to a location that the new machine or user account can access.
- On the new server, go to Tools | Options | Paths and update the Storages and Reports locations to the new locations. Also update any locations that are still pointing to the old server or user account's locations.
3. Force Scheduled Tasks to be RecreatedImporting the settings files in Step 1 above will open your list of WebSpy Vantage Tasks, but it will not force the creation of the Windows Scheduled Task jobs to actually run those tasks at the right time.
To get your tasks functioning on the new machine or user account:
- Go to the Tasks tab and double-click each scheduled task.
- Proceed through the wizard and make sure all the settings are correct.
- Enter your authentication details on the last page and click OK.
This will create new Windows Scheduled Task jobs that will run just as they did on the old machine.
4. Test!Once your Settings, Storages, Reports and Tasks have been successfully copied, try running any tasks you have configured to make sure everything is running correctly.
Also, take access privileges into account. For example, if the old installation was set to create Storages in \\server\mystorages, make sure the new machine or user account also has write privileges to this location.
Also, make sure your email server can relay emails from the new server or user account (check SMTP settings in Tools | Options | Email).
5. LicenseUp until now, you have been running the 30-day trial that comes with new installations of WebSpy Vantage on the new server. Now that you're happy that all your settings have been moved over correctly, you can go ahead and license the software.
See Registering WebSpy Vantage for information on how to do this.
That’s pretty much all there is too it. Happy migrating! If you have any issues or questions, please let us know!