Looking for how to register Vantage? Try here:
Where to start:
Browse to your Web Module installation in your preferred browser. You can get there from the WebSpy folder in your Program files. Once there follow the instructions below to register your Web Module.
How To Register
- Login with your Administrator credentials.
- Go to the ‘Options’ page, located in the upper right area of the screen.
- In the Registration section click on the ‘Register this Web Module’ link near the top of the page.
- Complete your details including the serial number (starting with “WM”) and click ‘Submit’ at the bottom of the page, and the software will attempt to contact WebSpy’s Registration Server via the Internet. The single-use unlock code will be sent to the email address you specified on the first page of the wizard. The process of issuing the Unlock Code can take up to 24 hours. Your patience is appreciated.
- Once you receive the Unlock Code via email come back to this page in the Web Module and you will have the option to paste the code into the ‘Unlock Code’ section at the bottom of the page.
- All things going as they should the Web module should confirm that the unlock has succeeded at the top of the page.
- “Unlock Code Not Unique”. If you see this error message when trying to submit your details in the Registration Wizard, this is an indicator that you have already requested an unlock code today. You may only request one unlock code per day. If you need to request a second unlock code, wait until tomorrow, or change your Company or Email details. If you just want to enter your unlock code, go directly to the Enter Unlock page of the wizard.
- “403 Forbidden”. If you see this error message when trying to submit your details in the Registration Wizard, this is an indicator that your proxy server may be blocking the connection, and may require authentication. In Vantage Ultimate you can enter your proxy authentication under Tools | Options | Proxy, and in the Web Module you can do this under Options | Proxy Settings. Once you have entered your authentication details, try to submit your registration details again.
- “Server Error”. If you see this error message when trying to submit your details in the Registration Wizard, there could be a problem with WebSpy’s registration server. Please notify email@example.com. Please also click the Email Support button on the Submit Details page of the wizard to send an email containing all of your registration details, so that we can create a manual registration file for you.
- If you see any other errors when trying to submit your registration details, your firewall could be blocking the connection to WebSpy’s server. Registrations are done on port 80, and are accessed via one of the following URLs:
Please ensure your firewall allows this connection. If you continue to have problems submitting your registration details please click the Email Support button on the Submit Details page of the wizard to send an email containing all of your registration details, so that we can create a manual registration file for you.
- “Unlock code has already been used”. If you see this error when trying to enter your unlock code, then this unlock code has already been used. Each unlock code is only valid for a single use, and can only be used logged in as the same user account that submitted the registration details.
- “Existing information does not match data submitted”. If you see this error when entering your unlock code for verification, this indicates that some of the details on the preceding pages of the Registration Wizard have been altered between the time you submitted your registration information, and the time you entered your unlock code. The details must remain the same in order for the verification to succeed.
- Software shows as ‘expired’ on startup. There are several possible reasons this could occur:
- Your license has expired. Please contact your local WebSpy account manager or reseller to renew your license.
- You have moved the software to a different PC, logged in to the PC as a different user, or the NETBIOS name of the PC that WebSpy is installed on has changed. In this case please go through the Registration Wizard and submit your details to request a new unlock code. If you have recently registered your software please notify firstname.lastname@example.org of your need to register again.
- “There was a problem with the registration”. If you see this error on application startup, this indicates a corruption of the registration file. Please go through the Registration Wizard and submit your details to request a new unlock code.
If you have any questions about this process or get stuck, please contact us at Support.